Cooking isn’t always bad, especially when you know some tricks and hacks. Here are a few hacks that not only make time in the kitchen easy but more enjoyable.
1. Want a perfect pancake? Mix a little flour in the pancake batter and then pour it on the pan.
2. If you added too much pepper in your pasta dish then just add a few chopped tomatoes. It will neutralize the pepper’s taste.
3. Got a piece of eggshell with the egg in bowl? Yes, we’ve all been there but no worries! Remove the piece with the egg shelf itself. This will be hassle free and you will lose less egg.
4. Coat a spoon with oil before measuring sticky ingredients like honey. The oil helps the substance slide off easily without any hassle.
5. Squeeze out lemon juice from the lemons and pour them in an ice tray to have lemonades whenever you want to! This also prevents the lemon to go old. This hack can also be applied on coffee!
6. Just bought a lot of herbs? Chop them off and put them in an ice tray along with a little olive oil and freeze them away. Use them when needed. This will stop the greens to go old!
7. Keep vegetables and fruits fresh hack:
- Cut the amount needed. Keep the first piece that you cut
- Join that with the remaining vegetable or fruit
- Poke a toothpick through it
8. Not sure if an egg is fresh or not? Pour it in a bowl of water. If it sinks, it’s fresh. If it flows then it’s not fresh!
9. For your next chicken bites, use crushed chips as “breadcrumbs”. Bake them as usual. It can be BBQ or cheese flavor, whatever you prefer!
10. Make a porch egg in a microwave:
- Pour water in a big cup, fill it about more than half
- Crack an egg inside and cover the mug with a plate
- Put in the oven for 2 minutes
- Your porch egg is done
11. Can’t tolerate fish, garlic or any other strong smell on hands? Use toothpaste to wash hands. It will remove the scent immediately.
12. Peel layers off of frozen butter using a peeler to have butter slices for you next slice. Its time saving and also easy to do!
13. Has the bread gone hard? Wet it with water and put it in the oven for 3 minutes at 180°C.
14. Don’t want to half a lemon to take out the juice? Poke a toothpick in it and squeeze out the amount you need. This not only reduces waste but also helps the lemon to stay fresh.
15. Cherry pit hack:
- Take an empty bottle and a chopstick
- Put a cherry on the bottle’s mouth
- Push the stick through the cherry
- The pit will drop in the bottle
16. Shred hard chocolate with a peeler to get that perfect sprinkled chocolate look.
17. Make a small cross on a tomato with a knife and microwave it for 30 sec. As a result, the skin comes off easily!
18. If the greens are wilted, put them in a bowl filled with water with a little bit of vinegar. Let it sit for 5 minutes and your greens are fresh again.
19. Grease the grater with oil before grating cheese. This makes cheese grating easy and mess free.
20. Before boiling the potatoes, cut a line on the skin then out it to boil. Place them in cold water for 15 minutes. The skin comes out in half easily.
Hope you found these hacks useful in not only saving your time in the kitchen but also making cooking hassle free.